CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Reply to
andyv

Where abouts are you?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

He's sitting up and facing front!

Reply to
cpvh

are you sure you want to power wash it? blasting the sand that keeps everything tight between the joins is not a good idea.

Reply to
Vass

Pal of mine used

was VERY impressed with the results.

Similar area to you and bought 3 lots. Did the whole area in a weekend with just his garden hose and a stiff broom.

IME washing up liquid works as well. I tried the Bayer dedicated cleaner , and there was no difference, except in the price.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Thanks for your comments so far.

The reason I want to clean it is that I get a lot of vegetation growing between the cracks. I keep the weeds down, sort of, with a flame gum but it does look a bit of a mess. The drainage goes into a wetland which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest so I really don't want to use chemicals. Pressure washing does seem to work but it's slow without proper sized kit.

Reply to
andyv