Blind Dormer window backing ?

I have 2 blind dormer windows,

the back of one is rough stone, at the back of the other breeze blocks.

I puttied in glass panes today, then took them out, is there a better background I put put in behind them?

Plywood might look good? Or a black background? Or silver or white or grey?

Has anyone any experience or ideas please?

I must put the glass in tomorrow or the next day as the scaffold's coming down soon.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Some mirror film on the inside looks OK - drives the magpies mad here! normally windows *look* black from the outside unless lit up, so perhaps painted, though paint would deteriorate in time. I'd go for plain or patterned film

John

Reply to
JTM

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Ones I have seen installed in commercial property:

the appearance of having been "glazed" with black perspex.

I think I would go for black myself.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Tinted window film?

Paint the inside of the window with black glass paint?

Reply to
Bruce