Bizarre Units

The density of a whale is near-as-dammit 1, or it couldn't swim.

Oh, sorry, that's in kg/litre, not whales per cubic football pitch...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

See

and

Frank Erskine

Then it would be a rook.

Reply to
dennis

It would be a huge chessboard...

Reply to
polygonum

The one I like (haven't looked to see if it's there) is a fairly good approximation to 1 inch/second:

1 attoparsec per microfortnight
Reply to
Bob Eager

Well close up I expect it looks blue.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

This weather, most of them.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

That may be answered here - I can't remember off-hand...

Reply to
Mark Bluemel

20ish elephants and BIG?
Reply to
Richard

How much auto transmission fluid per blue whale?

(Yes - I know they changed...)

Reply to
polygonum

Is that Indian or African elephants?

Reply to
Onetap

Or the Flores dwarf elephant:

Why do we call them pitches? Aren't most of them grass rather than tar?

Reply to
polygonum