best way to insulate my boiler

For various reasons, my boiler (Vokera 28e, non-condensing) is situated in a room I use as an office. Unfortunately this means that the room can at times get much warmer than I would like.

I've now insulated all the copper piping, but there is still a substandial amont of heat emitted from the acutal boiler itself. I've been unable to find some sort of insulating jacket for boilers.

It's in a large-sh cupboard and I guess I could insulate that, but it seems to me to be much more efficient to apply insulation to the boiler itself (making sure not to block the air vents of course!)

Does anyone have suggestions for what would be best way to insulate the boiler?

Thanks for any advice!

Chris

Reply to
reellifetv

On 17 Apr 2007 02:40:13 -0700 someone who may be " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote this:-

Yes, don't insulate it.

If you do then it is likely that the life of the boiler will be shortened, even if nothing worse happens.

What might work is to build a box around the boiler and ventilate this to the outside in warm weather.

Reply to
David Hansen

You would need to ensure you don't end up exceeding the maximum ambient temperature that the boiler is designed to run at. Personally I would think about stopping the heat getting into the room rather than trying to keep it in the boiler. Can you insulate the cupboard and vent it to the outside?

Reply to
John Rumm

=============================== Assuming that there is a radiator in the room the quickest solution would be to turn the radiator down to compensate for the heat contributed by the boiler. Of course you'll still get unwanted heat from the boiler when it's providing hot water without central heating but hot water usage tends to be intermittent rather than constant so you should be able to live with it.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero