Baxi Boiler

Hi Guys

I've been looking at my Baxi boiler (free standing with a brown twister control top right), I cannot find the model.

Gas is coming into the house but when I push the spark light button and a grey gas button together I can't see the gas lit, I also don't think the gas is going into the boiler as I can't hear anything?

From looking at the boiler I see a brown top with a temerature nob to

the top right, inside there is a spark light to the bottom left and to the right of that is a grey nob that twists and must be pushed in to get the gas going according to the instructions. There is also a lead with a plug on it. Directly below the spark light is a control (similiar to the main gas control to allow gas in the house), I twisted this on the boiler but couldn't hear anything.

Am I being completely stupid or has the boiler died?

Sorry for being a pain!

Daz

Reply to
daz

It's often difficult to see the pilot flame on ancient boilers like this. Often it's off to one side or above or below the window, and you have to know wher eto look - which inevitably you don't when ther pilot's out! Can you see the spark when you press the button?

What sometimes happens is the wire from the spark generator falls off one of its connection terminals or touches something which shorts it to ground to it doesn't spark - worth a visual check.

Reply to
John Stumbles

There is definately a spark, I've pushed the 2 controls in loads of times to get it, I've tried turning the large gas controller knob around down the bottom to get gas in - could there be another knob I need to twist around in the house?

Reply to
daz

On some gas valves you have to turn the knob back to the off position before turning it on and pushing it in to allow gas to the pilot. I take it you're not getting the pilot lighting at all, even just while you are holding the gas valve knob down? Do you still have gas to other appliances (cooker etc) in the house? If so it sounds as if the gas valve is faulty, which requires competence in gas fitting to replace.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Hi John thanks for the info, I get no pilot light at all but have gas to the cooker fine?

Reply to
daz