bathroom wall mounted fan heaters....

Ah that reminds me, the borked old one is mounted approx waist high on a wall opposite from the washbasin, I suspect it will be in Zone 3 (as more than 600mm away but less than 2.4m)

This seems to narrow the candidates further as e.g. Dimplex and other *bathroom* fan heaters say "pullcord operation" and installation instructions have a minimum height from floor figure 1800mm specified (and 600mm from any shelf).

I am obviously not wanting to do a dodgy replacement install here.... have the regs (and so available products) changed in these regards since the er 1970s/1980s? Is this why I can't find any fan heater units comparable to the old one?

What sort of fan heater can I put in Zone 3 "officially"?

TIA

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

I knew someone who once left an iron on... for two weeks whilst he went on holiday!

Reply to
Mathew Newton

He?

Reply to
ARW

East End gangs in the 60s sometimes used a hot iron on people who had displeased them so perhaps someone had really, really pissed him off.

Reply to
Robin

In recent models the pull-cord attaches to a plastic see-saw lever whose other end presses against the microswitch. The lever is not strong enough to survive someone (old/deaf/female) pulling the cord hard, but paying no attention to either the 'feel' of the switch operating, or the click as it operates.

I did manage to find new see-saw levers from a spares place.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

+1. And the countdown timer is useful for getting rid of condensation after a bath or shower. Means you don't forget to turn it off.
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson