Bathroom Tiling

I would like to ask the opinion of any willing to offer their input. We recently had our bathroom done by a plumbing company, because I didn't feel confident trying it myself, and also wanted it done in a reasonable timespan.

The job has now been finished, but we feel that the standard of work is unaaceptable for what one would expect from a professional.

1) the tiles into the window ledge, have an edge that is exposed, so it is a huge contrast of the terracotta edge compared to the marble effect white tile. He covered some of the edge with grouting, but this is clearly a half hearted job.

2) Where the tiles come against the bath there is an untidy smear of silicon.

3) at the meeting of the coving and wall, the tiles are all at differing heights, once again looking very untidy.

Unfortunately they have already been paid, but we are not at all happy with the work.

Does it seem reasonable to all out there to demand that they redo this work. Does anyone know if I have any options if they refuse.

regards Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

"Bruce" wrote | The job has now been finished, but we feel that the standard of | work is unaaceptable for what one would expect from a professional. ... | Unfortunately they have already been paid, but we are not at all | happy with the work. | Does it seem reasonable to all out there to demand that they | redo this work.

As you have already paid them, it may be the case that you have "accepted" the work they have done, in which case I don't think you have any further remedy.

| Does anyone know if I have any options if they refuse.

You can always sue. You may not win.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Why on earth did you pay them? Whatever the formal position is (in law?) I would consider that if payment is made in full, then this is tantamount to accepting the job in the state they left it. If problem then arises then you may have a claim on them.

BTW this is a text only NG - no attachments are allowed.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I guess you wwre trustuing them to alert you to this fact beforehand. Various sorts of trim beading are available to cover (ahem!) this problem.

That's one very expensive lesson, education is expensive but ignorance more so.

Reply to
Ed Sirett