Bathroom mirror

I'm after one of those LED illuminated bathroom mirrors with a built-in shaver socket & contactless operation (you switch them on and off by waving a hand at them.)

The damn things are *everywhere*, with a huge range in prices, from not much more than £40 to approaching 10 times that.

Has anyone fitted one and can recommend a supplier/brand? (I expect they all come out of the same factory in China...)

Reply to
Huge

Not a mirror, but a cabinet (with demister pad, shaver socket and hand-wavy LEDs) I fitted an internal 13A socket to the isolation transformer in addition to the 2 pin shaver socket.

I think it was under £200 when I bought it, very solidly made entirely from aluminium rather than chipboard. I got the impression it wasn't a generic one with the seller's name on it, but specifically made for the seller.

Only minor annoyance with it is the ¾ second delay between the IR sensor going click and the LEDs actually coming on.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I used a push switch and low voltage latching relay to switch on my mirror lights. They then go off with the main lights.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When I do the the bathroom, I will wire the cabinet lights/demister to the lighting circuit, but that won't do anything for the delay, which is the "startup" time of the LED driver ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

So stupid it actually believes that there is just one factory for those in the whole of China.

Reply to
KYW

En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió:

Same here, bought an illuminated mirror with LEDs earlier this year and the pause between switching on and the LEDs lighting is just enough to make you think "oh, it's broken".

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Because the mirror lights are only on when needed - and rather a 'feature'

- I'm happy to pay the small amount extra in electricity costs to continue with tungsten. I'd be very surprised if I ever recovered the costs of LEDs for this application. Even ignoring the downsides of them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can't think anyone would want such a "feature", it's only mildly annoying, and not all LED drivers act the same way, some are instant on, this is one of two that I have with this startup delay where presumably a cap is charged up before they start running a switcher or something, can't see why they need such a PSU for non-dimmable LEDS?

Reply to
Andy Burns

None of the mains LEDs I have here are truly instant start. Obviously, not a function of the LED but power supply.

But by 'feature' I meant what the mirror and lights look like. They are designed to look like an old theatre etc dressing room mirror. 8 golfball lights either side of the mirror. Which looks super - to me. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks!

Reply to