Barn Conversion - cost of technical drawings?

Hiya I've been on before about the barn I'm planning to convert - and I was hoping for a little mroe advice (thanks all for advice so far!). Just had a guy come round to look at the barn (he is known by the structural engineer who is going to help with the planning of the conversion). He has quoted me 450 to draw the barn for the planning submission - with detail of how it currently stands and how it will eventually look. Is the price about right? I don;t care much for 100 but if I thought I could get the job done for 200, I'd be worried! Thanks in advance Simon
Regards, Simon http://www.thehawthornes.org
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:42:41 +0000, Simon Hawthorne wrote:

As a TOTH figure I'd have come in with about 500, but I ain't an architect or architectural draughtsman, so my initial guesstimate could be way off beam. Pity you actually put the figure quoted into your post!
Simon Hawthorne wrote:

Will he also include the drawings for building regs. application? The planning drawings can be fairly simple in comparison, and are much easier to knock out.
--
Toby.

Yep - he will do Tony.......
Regards, Simon http://www.thehawthornes.org
Simon Hawthorne wrote:

In that case it looks pretty good to me. I guess the (inevitable) revisions may need a bit a flexibility by both parties.
I think every one here wishes you well and secretly wishes they had a barn to mess with too.
--
Toby.

Thanks Toby... we couldn't belive our luck when we found it. To think we almost bought a new 3 story house with no garden!!
Regards, Simon http://www.thehawthornes.org

Having converted many barns gimmee newbuild every time, but good luck, I hope all goes well, tel

That sounds OK to me too for PP and BRegs, unless you managed to track down the rumoured old plans?
Simon Hawthorne wrote:

I thbk its reasonable actually.

why not do it yourself

Treid - and failed. Used a basic 3d package - and the results were not good enough - too many dimesnions missing - and after an hour with autocad packages decided to leave it to the experts!
Thanks all for your advice - seems to be a reasonably good deal!
Regards, Simon http://www.thehawthornes.org
Mine is costing 1000 for planning and 600 for building regs. The advantage of paying more for planning is that they guy has done all the building regs work, so we know we can build what we grt planning for. Last job I did, we got planning for something that would not pass building regs, cost me a fortune in fixing it up later.
My quotes ranged from this price, up to the sky ...........
Rick