Bandsaw blades from Toolstation

Some years ago, Toolstation sold 59 1/2" bandsaw blades with a 1/2" width. I have one of these and it's the only blade which has not suffered from losing it's tooth offset and which allows you to achieve a straight cut every time. Of course, it has been discontinued. The only equivalent I can find comes from Amazon/China at about £22 for a bimetal blade. I find carbon steel blades to be hopeless at keeping their shape/edge. Has anyone found an equivalent?

Reply to
Capitol

In message , Capitol writes

A while back now. My blades came from Bedford

Tim Lamb

not a 3 wheeler is it?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I got some from bedfordsaw.co.uk that seem quite good. Not used them long enough to comment on life yet though. (also get a very good guide system upgrade from them as well)

Reply to
John Rumm

Try tuffsaws. Naff name but superb service and blades. Ian used to work at the now defunct Dragon saws and over the last few years has built up a reputation for giving good advice on blade types and supplying the hobby market. He will make any size you want and will re-weld foc any blade of his that breaks on the weld. Just a satisfied customer etc etc.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

No.

Reply to