Bad toilet flush

DerbyBorn scribbled...

On a very long handle.

Reply to
Jabba

fred scribbled...

Sounds like an airlock. Is the shit pipe vented?

Reply to
Jabba

fred scribbled...

Bit problem with sewers is fat. Anyone in the house been dumping chip fat down the sink or scoffing loads of lard sarnies?

Reply to
Jabba

I think its the basin itself. the bend the crap has to clear is too high for the force and quantity of water to do the job..

Also if the bend is scaled or partially blocked the flow would be too weak to get the crap out over the edge of course, so this might well be another place to look for blockages. Normally though these pong!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Jabba wrote in news:MPG.2ddcab524d375360989a89 @nntpswitch.blueworldhosting.com:

I was thinking of looking from under the rim (inside the pan)

Reply to
DerbyBorn

DerbyBorn scribbled...

Careful what you grab hold of, should you slip. Best wear a bathing cap & goggles.

Reply to
Jabba

I got the same problem and according to the plumber its the holes under th e rim that are partially blocked meaning a new cistern is needed. As its wh isper grey its over £350 so thats not gonna happen

Reply to
sintv

the rim that are partially blocked meaning a new cistern is needed. As its whisper grey its over £350 so thats not gonna happen

Pan, not cistern, surely?

Turn off water to bog, empty cistern. Block holes under rim with plasticine. Top up cistern with cheap white vinegar. Flush. Wait for scale to be dissolved.

Reply to
Phil

OP said soft water area so no scale problem.

Reply to
polygonum

sintv ain't the OP ;-)

Reply to