B&Q prices

Ran out of 1" x 8 twinthread pozi screws today, so I popped into B&Q on the way home.

2 packs of 100 came to £5.76 at the checkout, so I presented my Tradepoint Card, expecting a big discount. It still came to £5.76.

Toolsatan sell 200 for £1.05!!!

Best part of a 450% increase in price.

The screws are still at B&Q......

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In article , The Medway Handyman scribeth thus

So why did U go and B&Q in the first place?..

Reply to
tony sayer

With free next-day delivery on £10 or more orders from Toolstation, I have not set foot in B&Q for a year or more now.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I haven't set food for over ten years.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You must be starving, here have a sandwich.

Reply to
Scott M

Hope is a wonderful thing ;-)

Reply to
Scott M

ah good. Very nice. Piccalilli?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"I popped into B&Q on the way home".

We don't yet have a Toolsatan in Medway.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes, pick any lilli you'd like.

Reply to
Scott M

Lilli Allen?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, if you can get her between two slices of bread, you're a better man than me, Gunga Din.

Reply to
Scott M

There's one very conveniently situated for me. A very short walk, as it happens, from my local B&Q, Screwfix, Homebase, Graham's and Plumbase. Spoilt for choice, I am.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Wanted some plugless (concrete screw type) frame fixings 8mm x 120mm

Wickes, pack of four somewhere close to £5, Toolsatan pack of 10 £1.92

As are the ones in Wickes.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Run out of aspic?

Reply to
Andy Burns

You are missing the obvious solution.

The 2" x 8 screws are only 1.76 for 200 in Toolstation. Chop them in half to make 400 screws and therefore a 17p saving per 200 screws.

Reply to
ARW

Lilli Savage?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why didn't I think of that?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Wanted some of those bent metal single picture hooks. Pack of ten in local hardware shop...49p.

B&Q, next time I looked....£7.00!

Reply to
Bob Eager

My local (7 miles away) Screwfix is next to a Greggs. Now that's what I call synergy.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Ah. everymans femisit..