B&Q Cable clearance

My nearest B&Q warehouse (Braehead) is clearing out reels of old colour mains cables & tails:

2.5mm x 50m T/E 12.28 1.0mm x 50m T/E 7.28 16mm x 25m Earth 8.57 16mm x 25m Tails Black 7.11 16mm x 25m Tails Red 7.27 25mm x 25m Tails Black 10.00ish IIRC 25mm x 25m Tails Red no stock

Not a mega bargain for the T/E but well worth holding stock of the old colours.

Sadly not at all warehouses tho' as another still had the 25mm tails at

28quid!
Reply to
fred

The TW&E prices are higher than TLC - at the 100 mtr rate.

The tails may be cheaper, but not many DIYers would 'stock' these, and a pro should be using the correct stuff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The "old colour" earth is either *very* old, or B&Q have got a bit confused and are giving away a bargain in green-and-yellow!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You passed the test, the only non old colour in the list ;-)

As Dave pointed out, TLC is cheaper at the 100m rate but I reckoned it was good to get old colour stock, the tails will do my sub-main when I move my consumer unit (with trunking for additional protection), again the length is more than I need but the colour consistency may save me hassle. At these prices I can strip the insulation and still sell the scrap for a profit.

Reply to
fred

B&Q Enfield last month:

2.5mm x 25m T/E 2.58 1.5mm x 25m T/E 2.19 1.0mm x 25m T/E 1.54
Reply to
DJC

In article , DJC writes

Trumped in my minor gloat, bugger :-)

Reply to
fred

;-) I somehow doubt B&Q would sell anything at less than scrap price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)