attention conservatory owners/builders

what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

Reply to
Sheila

The message from "Sheila" contains these words:

Depends what you want to do with it. I made ours 28" because it seemed to balance nicely with the size of the windows and also because it's the right height for the wife to lean on.

Reply to
Guy King

Skipweasel in Oompa-Loompa marriage shame! Full story on pages 3-7

Reply to
Steve Walker

60cm in the one we've just had built
Reply to
me

I take it that you are not a leg man then ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

He was, until Mrs Skipweasel tried and failed at chainsaw-juggling evening classes :-)

Handy for storage though; put her on a skateboard and slide her under the kitchen worktop next to the washing machine.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from "Steve Walker" contains these words:

I'm 6/2", she's 4'9", and just comes up to my heart. When she stands on the kitchen chair she's eye to eye with me. She can't reach the top of my head even on tiptoe.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Dave contains these words:

I have absolutely no idea what I see in her, but it's mutual and it's worked for 18 years.

Reply to
Guy King

But what height is the spouse in question? And which part of her anatomy leans on it?

The nation needs to know!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reminds me of the 8' man that wanted an 8' woman.

...he couldn't find one so he screwed two 4' women together ;-)

Reply to
Eric The Viking

|what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

Make sure that you do not have to install toughened glass in the windows which will increase the price, if with added security. Sorry could not find a URL for that. |

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Personally, I would want toughened glass in every pane, whatever the height. Then, a glass pane did go through my wrist once, severing several tendons and the median nerve.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I prefer full height with no sill, unless it is a modern property.

As we have an Edwardian house, we went for full height wooden, with wooden panels up to where the sill would have been. Above that are the main pane and a top light divided into two with a genuine (not stick on) Georgian bar. Looks fantastic.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The message from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:

Not by all that much. I made ours toughened anyway, simply 'cos the kids don't appear to respect gravity.

Reply to
Guy King

thanks to all who replied, the conservatory items have been noted, and thought about! thanks!

Reply to
Sheila