Are you the homeowner?

Good inventive answers please, for the next salesman that knocks at our door and asks '...are you the home owner?'

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

"No - probation service owns this half-way house"

Reply to
Duncan Di Saudelli

go away.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Well for you it's easy isn't it? "No, you'll have to come back when my mum's home."

Reply to
Steve Firth

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You should just hone up on your 'answering a question with a question'.

'...are you the home owner?' 'why do you want to know?' 'well, my firm produces excellent double glazing ....' 'was your mamma good to you when you were a baby?'

Reply to
GB

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Harry Bloomfield saying something like:

No, I'm just house-sitting while the owner's inside for hacking a salesman to pieces.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

"Yes - but I'm a bit busy right now. Why don't you come back later - some time around midnight? It's a full moon and we're having a few friends round....."

Reply to
Tanuki

In article , Harry Bloomfield writes

Best answer is no answer, say nothing and close door.

Is you must say something:

"No thanks", close door

or

"None of your business", close door but that's more of my time than they deserve.

Reply to
fred

No that would be the head of the coven, he might be a bit busy waiting for the blood on the pentangle to dry, and sharpening the chainsaw. Would you like to go in and see him?

Reply to
John Rumm

Say nothing ...just point to the little card on the door that says " No Sales Persons,No Collectors " and shut the door.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

That is the correct answer. But I use an A4 sized display in the window that is visible to visitors before they get to the door.

The blind lady collecting for guide dogs did not see it, but what the hell, I gave her £20.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

We had a small card behind the glass in the door but since we got a new plastic door with double glazed panels even quite a large font is unreadable through the obscured glazing. Anyone any thoughts on how to get the message across without using a 240pt font on a piece of A2?

The neighbour across has got a note taped to the outside of her door (which says she's not buying at the door and doesn't want to change her energy supplier or her god...) but I don't want to have anything as inelegant as that.

"....what colour underwear are you wearing?"

Reply to
Toby

work with the blind lady collecting for guide dogs, but not the gentleman collecting for the deaf :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

fred wibbled on Friday 12 February 2010 19:54

Answer the door adorned thus:

thus:

Tim Watts

Usenet Nutter wibbled on Friday 12 February 2010 20:04

Point to the door under the stairs and say "Just go down to the cellar and wait, I won't be a moment..."

Reply to
Tim Watts

No, it all belongs to Her Majesty. I lease it off her.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's what I use on the US-based "you have won a holiday" people, the female ones at least. The male ones...I ask the colour of their boyfriend's underwear.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , fred writes

Got one yesterday