Aqualisa shower head problems

Hi All We have an Aqualisa Quartz pumped shower. It's about 9 years old. For those that don't know, it's a pumped system that takes hot and cold feeds from the relevant storage tanks, mixes it within the pumped unit, and sends this to the shower head. It's controlled by an electronic dial in the shower cubicle. The shower head we have has a variable spray pattern, fine (just the outer water jets), normal (all jets), and intense (just the central jets). In August I decided to replace the head as water had been leaking from the spray adjusting ring. It still worked fine, but needed replacing. To cut a long story short, I bought one online in August 2015. It failed in that the spray pattern could not be adjusted even though the adjusting ring would still rotate (but did not feel smooth in operation). The online retailer replaced it by return post - excellent! That failed too after a couple of weeks. So, now the 5th replacement has failed (one was direct from the manufacturer)! Has Aqualisa quality gone, what could be happening? There are filters on the water inlets to the pump, so debris shouldn't be causing problems. Thanks for any comments. And a happy new year!

Reply to
Grumps

replying to Grumps, lizzieborden wrote: i bought a replacement head from a retailer but a genuine Aqualisa product, the first one just pours water out like a tap and not a shower head, the replacement sent from Aqualisa has buckloed under the build up of water pressure so is useless too!

Reply to
lizzieborden

Welcome to uk.d-i-y. Do yourself a big favour and find a sane portal to here rather than that dysfunctional place you're posting from. Then you can take part in current discussions rather than 1.5yr old ones.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr