Anyone know of a techy woodburning stove with electric control via a room thermostat?

I want to install a woodburning, or possibly multifuel, stove into an existing fireplace. The flue will be running through the chimney of an early victorian house for about 15m.

I would also really like the stove to be equipped with some kind of electric servo motor which will allow it to be regulated by a room thermostat and schedule timer.

Does such a product exist?

Reply to
Peter

Peter brought next idea :

Could you perhaps adapt a standard three port valve actuator unit + standard thermostat + standard heating timeclock. Actuator with mechanical linkage to the air damper.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

You can get pellet stoves that do this, and woodchip stoves as well. The woodchip ones have the advantage that you can make your own chips, but they are more expensive as the chips are harder to feed into the stove. They work by feeding the fuel at the correct rate, which is not so easy if you use logs. To get an even heat with logs you use a log boiler to heat a thermal store, then rads off that store.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

They were banging on about biomass fuel on on the TV news today - some new report has come out pointing out the bloody obvious about how biomass is quite a good idea as it is fairly CO2 release neutral, and the reporter droid was sitting in front of a woodstove that he said was remote control and could even be controlled by SMS text message so the house would be warm when you came home. So I guess there are some new de velopments in the field.

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Controlling wood burn by reducing air supply causes a fall off of efficiency and much increased pollution. Log type burners are best run at full burn, then wait till another heat run is needed, ie by controlling fuel feed.

The problem with wood is labour. Cost that up and you may be better off paying for gas/oil.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Darn! I guess I suddenly understand the pellet feed system now.

It's just that living in the city, amongst the property developers, I seem to have an abundance of skips with lots of wood available.

Reply to
Peter

That'll be the case for as long as you need it....

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Hi don't know about the room thermostat but Euroheat produce a stove that is controllable from a TV style remote and it can programme a timer as well AND you can set the temp. V impressive demo in the back of an artic truck with several stoves set up complete with chimneys. HTH

Reply to
jayeff