anti condensation paint

I am trying to shift some black mould from inside bedroom wardrobes (back on to outside wall) which I believe to be a problem with condensation. It's very hard to shift having scrubbed with bleach and then fungicidal wash.

I have seen anti condensation paint for =A330 (shop doesn't have the smallest tin)

My question is - is it worth applying this paint if there is still the sign of black mould? Does the surface have to be totally free of mould?

thanks a lot, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

I am trying to shift some black mould from inside bedroom wardrobes (back on to outside wall) which I believe to be a problem with condensation. It's very hard to shift having scrubbed with bleach and then fungicidal wash.

I have seen anti condensation paint for =A330 (shop doesn't have the smallest tin)

My question is - is it worth applying this paint if there is still the sign of black mould? Does the surface have to be totally free of mould?

thanks a lot, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

If it is definitely condensation (which does sound likely), and not some other cause, I'd recommend you stick up expanded polystyrene 'wallpaper' (B&Q etc) - does the job very well, by reducing the temperature gradient between the outside wall and the room air enough to prevent condensation forming.

That, and/or increasing ventilation and airflow within the wardrobe somehow.

David

Reply to
Lobster