Alpha Combi (HE CB 25/33)

My daughter has one - sometimes it fails with no obvious fault being displayed - just the mains indicator blinking every 5 secs.

Not wanting to get too involved, but I was thinking of checking the following:

The Condensate Drain.

The seal around the front cover of the combustion chamber.

Does anyone have any experience and could offer any other things to check? Something seems to be preventing it from starting - or the start-up is failing.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Same boiler and daughter you posted about on the 1st?:-)

Reply to
ARW

Yup - not many people with experience around, it would seem.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Isn't that the low pressure warning?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Chris Bartram wrote in news:ngl2mj$p3m$1 @dont-email.me:

The book suggests it means Mains On. if it is a flash every 5 seconds.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Probably because dribble used to eulogise about Alpha boilers all the time - made sure none of us bought one! ;-)

Having said that, Alpha have a front panel lights diagnostic pager here:

Pressure would be the first obvious thing to check.

Reply to
John Rumm

What ever happened to him? We don't see Maxi often either! LOL

Reply to
Fredxxx

John Rumm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Pressure is fine: Flashing "B" every 5 seconds means:

Electrical supply to the boiler is on (Flashing yellow B indicator) no action required

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Update - Checked the pump is on speed 3. Checked the front of the combustion chamber is properly fitted and seal is in good order. Fan is working.

Just wondering - is the pump over-run not cutting out after 4 mins. If so could this prevent the ignition sequence (I don't think so)

Reply to
DerbyBorn