Alox vs Zirconium

Hi

Given a choice of 24 grit alox or 36 grit zirconium, abrasive fibre discs in an angle grinder, which is likely to rip off hard dry tile adhesive quicker? I dont really want to get both when I use such things so infrequently.

cheers, NT

Reply to
meow2222

I have no direct experience, but alox (I assume aka aluminium oxide, aka corundum) has a Mohs hardness of 9, while zirconium (I assume aka zirconium silicate, aka zircon, has a Mohs hardness of 7.5 (diamond has a Mohs hardness of 10). As the alox grit you're proposing to use is coarser and harder, I'd go for it in preference to the zirconium.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

snip alox is harder since its x no archive.

Thank you, just what I needed to know

NT

Reply to
meow2222