Almost straight hooks, do they have a special name?

I'm after some hooks, for utensils and such.

The ones I'm after are essentially just a metal bar sticking out at right angles from the wall (or the mounting bar to which they're fixed) with the end just turned up a little. The total length would be, say, 5cm with 3cm straight out from the wall and 2cm sloping upwards slightly.

Do these have a special name? Has anyone seen a supplier who sells them? Individual hooks or a mounting bar with 6 to 10 hooks would both be OK.

Reply to
cl

Chapel hat pegs?

Reply to
David

These?

or, for a more antique look, these?
(scroll down for more shapes), or with knobs on, these:

Chris Hogg

Dresser Hooks - try Google and look at images.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

No, not quite. Dresser hooks have the end turned up at right angles, the hooks I'm thinking of have the end turned up at a much shallower angle. The shallow angle makes it really easy to slide things onto the hook.

Reply to
cl

No, see my previous reply, I'm after hooks with a gently sloping end rather than one that's vertical.

Reply to
cl

Good news: I know exactly what you mean as I bought a bar with 6 such hooks for kitchen utensils from (I think) M&S. Much easier to use than "cup hooks" or the like.

Bad news: that was c.1982!

Reply to
Robin

HeteroHooks

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I know what you mean but hard to find

Murmansk

Produces nothing at all with google.

Reply to
kipg

:-) ... but you're right, they are *way* easier to put some sorts of things onto.

Reply to
cl

Yes, I'd found those but I suspect they're rather bigger than I'm after though I will take a look.

Reply to
cl

More good news. I grabbed a couple of bars with hooks as you describe, the bars being about four feet long.

The bad news? They came out of a DSLAM cabinet. The Openreach chap left them on our garden wall. They sat there for a few days before finding their way to my shed :-)

Reply to
News

Google images - "Pegboard hooks" ?

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

They're the right profile, yes. I'd want ones like the smaller ones made of a single bar rather than two bar ones.

These are pretty close to what I'm after:-

However I really want something a bit shorter for fixing permanently on a wall or cupboard panel.

Reply to
cl

Almost...

"Tool Hooks" is a good image search, but they're probably bigger than you want.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Buy some of the short ones, cut the bent end off, make a wooden "back plate" of whatever size you want, drill holes, push prongs in (make a tight fit), screw to wall. Robert's your fathers brother. It is a DIY group after all ;)

Reply to
Davidm

You may well have got there by now but searching the supply sites for shop fitters shows a fair range of such things . A walk in most medium sized towns early in the morning usually finds a skip outside some shop changing owners ,such items are often there for the taking.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

That's just about what I'm after, not incredibly elegant but not *so* bad. Dead cheap too! :-)

Reply to
cl

Yes, that may well be the answer, as you say this is DIY.

Reply to
cl