All-round SDS+ drill recommendations

Then ponder no more, don't buy it!!!!

We have De-Walt, Makita and Blue Bosch at work but for some unfathomable reason the boss decided to buy this Sparky SDS as a backup "because it's made in Germany".

The case looked cheap compared to the others, the catches fell off after a day or two and I always worry when I open a cheap tool's case and find a plethora of "free" addins like a keyed chuck with SDS adaptor, adaptor for 1/2" bsp core bit etc.

In use it is loud, rough (you can feel the gears meshing as they turn) and although its power rating was well above our ancient De-Walt, it was stopped dead with a 20mm SDS bit in concrete where the De-Walt doesn't even slow down.

Spend the extra and get a decent blue Bosch like I did, you will never regret it.

Reply to
Jeff

.mm and 20 Benson and Hedges probably.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hear hear! Given the probability of winning is so small then buying a ticket makes (virtually) no difference.

... and I also recommend the Makita 2450 ;-)

Isn't *all* lottery money going the the 2012 Olympics now?

Mark