Aldi Mobile Work Centre

Rating : poor Pity about the useless retractable screwtray and weak plastic.

Thought it was too good to be true.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

It does *look* like a POS. The step ladder should be OK. I'll buy a few of the floodlights, maybe. Tape, dunno, could do with some, screws maybe, dunno what size they are, but there're S/S ones.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Rating: useless I had a quick play in the shop. The latches are made from such thin plastic that they are not reliable, The plastic is so thin that it's hard to put back together without misalignment - empty. I can't imagine with its 'rated load' of stuff, I imagine it'd be falling apart if you actually tried to wheel it over anything more than carpet. Forget lifting with stuff in.

Got another 3 150W floods, those are really handy, going to put up another 3 in the other attic.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Tape is sound for £1.99.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Step ladders are the same in argos and at the same price.

said Aldi was cheap? come on own up.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

safe working load 95kg (15 stone)", the Aldi one has "Load capacity: 150kg".

For some things, it is. You've got to be a bit careful when buying things from anyone.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The3rd Earl Of Derby" saying something like:

HAHAHAHAHA>>..... you didn't actuall buy it, did you?

I could tell from the picture it was a cheap piece of plastic shit.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

No you could not, the plastic type let it down otherwise I'd have bought one, and replaced the retractable tray with a draw.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

They're made by ZAG, who I believe also make toolboxes for Stanley. It's not the best piece of kit but okay for the price. I'm sure they sell the same with a Stanley badge for more. I've got 2 rolling toolboxes made by Keter which are better and eventhough initially I had reservations about the plastics they've survived with loads of heavy tools.

Israel seems to be big in plastics companies for some reason!

Reply to
daddyfreddy

daddyfreddy:

They do. They also make toolboxes sold by Aldi. I bought one last year, for a fiver, for the Young Master, who's 4 1/6 y.o., for his tools. I was slightly surprised to see that the bottom of the box was made in July 2003, the lid in July, '04, and the tray part-way through '05! Still, quite useful, I should have bought a couple for me, too!

Looks like about £12-15.

I didn't like the look of the "work station" pic, either.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Semtex?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The ~5 quid toolbox looked moderately sturdy, very sturdy in comparison.

Reply to
Ian Stirling