Airtec type insulation v rockwool/fibreglass roll?

Hi,

I want to improve my loft insulation. I already have approx 100mm rockwool between the joists and want to either add another 150mm rockwool or fibreglass insulation over that OR staple Airtec type insulation to the underside of the rafters. I'm considering the stuff sold by Screwfix

do these two forms of insulation compare for actual insulation efficiency?

Two other considerations.

If I go for the 'traditional' fibre roll I really hate fibreglass but I've read that thickness for thickness rockwool is not as good an insulator as fibreglass - is this correct? Do the rolls with a polythene cover really make a difference to the amount of fibres released into the air? I use the centre of my loft for general storage.

If I go for the Airtec type insulation will the extra heat reflected back towards the roof damage the roof felt? I gets quite warm on a summer day as it is.

I would really appreciate some advice on this as I want to get it sorted in the next month or so.

Regards,

John Smith.

Reply to
J.W.T.Smith