chemical samp proof course

Hi

I have recently had a damp survey done on my house, it was recommended to have 2 walls treated with a chemical proof course. Do you need to inject the chemical from both sides of the wall (9" solid victorian) or can it be done from one side only ?. I doubt that there is enough room for this to be done from one of the external faces as a drive way has been built up approx 0.7 mtr high with a clearance between the wall and the driveway of approx 0.2 mtr.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
mw

Have you considered the raised driveway might be what is causing the damp in the first place? -- if you do actually have damp, that is.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm surprised they recommended that particular remedy, because I am under the impression that it doesn't work! I may be completely wrong of course. Hope you get the nswere you are seeking.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

one side works well enough

The method is effective unless there is some impermeable stiff in there..in which case you get blocks of uinjected stiff surrounded by it..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

Feck, sounds narsty.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

That was my first thought, but there is no evidence of this (not that i can see). the depth is lower than the original damp course and appears to drain ok but i havent seen a really heavy prolonged downpour yet, the surface at the bottom appears to be gravelly but there isnt anywhere for the water to drain away if it does get flooded, although there is a drain for the main sewage which is raised by approx 2 inches so it cant flood by more than this.

Reply to
mw

Inappropriate treatment, but I'm sure they'll be happy to take your money. For PP advice ask

meow2222

This link goes to a previous uk.d-i-y thread on damp on Google groups:

Piers Finlayson