Party Wall Act clarification

hi

The FAQ at

says the Act applies where:

"Where a structure already exists astride the boundary or the external wall of a building forms the boundary and the Building Owner wants to; To cut into a party structure for any purpose, including to inject a damp proof course."

My question is does this inlcude nailing or screwing things to a party wall? From a picture to a structure etc. It wouold be quite helpful for future plans to know what can and cant be done.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

My understanding is that it is any works to or adjacent (as in foundations etc) the party wall - in case you haven't enjoyed this:

no help but just in case...

John

Reply to
John Durham

excellant, exactly whats neeed. I was thinking particularly in terms of attaching things to the party wall.

Thanks, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton