A simple Win7 question.

The question is simple but I'm b*****ed if I can find the answer.

The time/date on my laptop (right hand bottom corner) has decided to add the day. It used to be:-

13.05 20/12/2014

now:-

13.05 Saturday 20/12/2014

Which has made the icon bar go to double height. I've not altered anything

- and can't find out how to get rid of the day - which even at my age usually know what it is.

My other three computers running Win7 omit the day. And I've not altered anything on the laptop deliberately - it was ok up until last week.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think it's the other way around ... you've made the task bar taller, so the clock has noticed it now has space to put the day in.

If the taskbar is locked, then right click it and untick lock (but if it was locked you probably wouldn't manage to make it taller by accident) then grab the top border of the task bar and drag it lower.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Change date and time:Change calendar Settings: If short date is dddd/MM/yyyy it will display day as well. no idea how it might have changed though!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

But there is that thing that unhides hidden things as well, and since I clicked that once, I too have the day now. Not particularly worried about it, but I did notice, and the system has its taskbars locked, but i suspect they unlock momentarily when you unhide things to see if anything important needs to be moved to the visible bit. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

You can dray the Icon bar up and down..

Try setting the time to Internet time and use,

"uk.pool.ntp.org"

Reply to
tony sayer

Reply to
Mr Pounder

In one, thanks.

I've no idea how I managed to pull it to double height. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

People do the strangest things at this time of the year, not all of them as easily rectified

Reply to
stuart noble

Right click on it and select "properties", It tells you how to change the size.

Reply to
charles

A misplaced mouse click. Perhaps your mind was on other things?

Reply to
Huge

Think most would have noticed if it happened after doing that. I would.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)