54 year soldering iron.

Yup - after an Antex anything else seems clunky.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , snipped-for-privacy@care2.com writes

You've clearly not soldered with modern-day solder. It rots the bit away in no time.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Years ago I was doing a field call in a betting shop but my iron packed up. So I took the faulty unit out to my car and used the cigarette lighter as an iron.

Reply to
Graham.

Is it so hard to wipe the bit on a sponge?

NT

Reply to
meow2222