35mm plugs

I'm fitting some new [Ikea] kitchen-unit doors to old carcasses, but the pre-drilled hinge holes are in the wrong place.

Drilling new holes isn't a problem (and won't overlap the old holes), but does anyone sell a simple (plastic?) plug to disguise the original holes?

Reply to
Roland Perry

A search for "35mm hinge plugs" give loads of hits

Reply to
Bob Minchin

They must do - I have had carcases that arrived with pre drilled hinge holes on both sides with one side filled with a simple plastic plug.

e.g.

Malcolm G

Wouldn't it be easier to keep the 34mm holes but move the hinges in the carcass rather than drilling a new 35mm hole in the door?

Reply to
Andrew May

In message , at 17:09:25 on Mon, 4 Feb 2013, Bob Minchin remarked:

Many thanks, it was the appropriate search term I was looking for.

(Now ordered from Screwmaster).

Reply to
Roland Perry

What like:

John Rumm

My thoughts exactly

Reply to
stuart noble

In message , at 17:21:24 on Mon, 4 Feb

2013, Andrew May remarked:

No, because the IKEA doors have their hinges very close to the top and bottom of the door, which clashes with parts of the existing carcase.

Reply to
Roland Perry