12mm steel channel

Where can I get steel channel with a channel width of ~12mm to edge and support some 12mm (actually it measures nearer 11mm) plywood? Everything I can find seems to be wider. Depth isn't important, say 8 -

15mm, and about 2mm thickness would be fine.

It needs to be steel so it's easily weldable. If the channel internal corners are a bit rounded I can sand the ply.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

I use 12mm RHS for that.

Reply to
John Chance

You mean you cut it to make channel, or just use as-is? My application really needs channel - I want to glue it to the plywood - and I need something off-the-shelf. Plenty of Aluminium, but I need the strength and weldability of steel.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

maybe you need a long steel bender.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Use it as is.

I screw it to the plywood in the at situation, with self tappers into the RHS.

Yeah, its ideal for that, the weldability particularly.

Reply to
John Chance

Have a look through:

I used them for a load of ali channel once - very good and if it exists as a standard item, they probably have it.

Reply to
Tim Watts