12 radiators - how much water?

My central heating system has 12 radiators, 15mm copper between then, and the boiler also runs the hot water.

Any guesstimates how much water is in the primary system?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

How long is a piece of string?

From the info you give got more chance of winning the lottery!

Reply to
Dave Jones

twice as long as it is from the middle to one end.

NEXT ?

Reply to
news

Since you probably want to know this in the context of how much inhibitor to add.

It's about 100 lts. So one tub should do it but no harm in two.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks, about what I figured. So I don't need to worry about topping up the inhibitor after losing about 5 litres from the system.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

The rule I pretty much use is that if I hose a hose to drain then I'll add inhibitor (even if most of the water stayed in the rads) if it's only depressurizing I won't add any.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The only loss occurred while I cut the pipes to shorten them slightly, I figured it wasn't worth freezing. Naturally I found that one of them wouldn't budge at first, I was very glad of a short length of plastic pipe to make a temporary repair while I clouted the end.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth