100,000 BTU Combi Boilers

Hi,

I am looking for advice on combi boilers. I am looking to fit a 100,000 Btu combi boiler, non condensing, has anyone any recommendations or complete disasters I should avoid. A friend has recommended the Baxi 105e.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew

The best advice i can offer is to check the price of spare parts for boilers: Fan, PCB, expansion vessel etc. During the lifetime of your boiler you will probably have to change at least two of the parts i mentioned at least once. I have found baxi, potterton, ferroli spares to be amongst the most expensive and vokera the most reasonable and readily available. I would advise you to fit a vokera linea 735.

Reply to
end user

It has to a condensing boiler from 1st April. Go for good make: Worcester-Bosch Junior is good, Valliant, Glow Worm condensers. RR quality and price: Eco-Hometec and Viessmann.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I suggest you start off by looking up the building regs and requirement from April 1st for nearly all new boiler installations to be condensing. There are a limited number of exceptions for special installations.

On the assumption that you "will have to" fit a condensing combi I suggest the Glow Worm 30kW (100,000 BTU)

Reply to
John

The W-B Junior condensing boilers are new and I'd be a bit leery of fitting one given that you're relying entirely on W-B's (admittedly good) reputation rather than any sort of track record for the product itself.

Reply to
John Stumbles

AFAIK, the Junior is not a condensing model, unless one has just come out. If a non-condesner is required, a flat, then this is a good model.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

You are right, a condensing model has just come out. This model would have been designed at the same time as the non-condensing Junior. The Junior is a relatively new boiler.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil