1 cubic metre of concrete

Hi all
I'm about to do a conservatory base.
How much aggregate (tonnes) and how much cement (kg or bags) do I need per cubic metre.
Thank you
mark b

According to http://www.pavingexpert.com/calcall.htm#focus11 you will need 320 Kg cement, 600 Kg sand, 1200 Kg gravel and 300 L water.
It might be easier to phone a local ready-mixed firm or mix-a-mate type.
Neil

Or even http://www.pavingexpert.com/calcall.htm#focus01

Thanks Neil
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:03:39 -0000, Mark B wrote:

Err, a *cubic* metre of concrete is one helluva lot of concrete......

Well, yes and no. If the conservatory is 3m by 4m, it would give you less than 100mm thickness.
I managed to lose 4 cubic metres of concrete when I rebuilt my drive last year, and that was just for the edging!
Neil

Sounds like you were robbed.
Measure the space out in gunny sacks and order that many (+ a few extra) bags of sand and gravel (50/50) and order 1/6 as many hundred-weight bags of cement.
If you need a more cement go and fetch it in the car.

I don't think so. The edge was 90 linear metres, 200mm wide, with depths ranging from 150mm to more than 350mm in places.
Neil

Then I need helluva lot of concrete x 1.4
mark b

It gets a lot smaller after you've mixed it, and once you start laying it.
How much does a cubic metre of concrete weigh ?
Nick
nick smith wrote:

A couple of tons I think.
"nick smith" wrote ... | How much does a cubic metre of concrete weigh ?
We learned further up the thread that one cubic metre of concrete is one helluva lot.
So obviously it's going to weigh 1 helluva weight.
Owain
Wanderer wrote:

No its not. Its about a fifth of what a good readymix lorry contains from memory.
Or a few days of mixing and shovelling...