Stihl Chainsaw repair

Hello, I have a Stihl 024 chain saw that looses power whenever the engine is put under load. It starts easily and idles fine but when you try to saw the engine bogs down and looses all power. It is clean the lube system works, the chain moves freely the sprocket is not overly worn. The carb has not been adjusted in 13 years and overnight this has happened. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated Leigh

Reply to
Leigh Smith

There is a spark arrester screen that gets carboned up. It is removable for servicing, than I just hit it on the wire wheel until it is clean again. It is possible that the exhaust port is carboned up too.

Reply to
Harry Balzak