Laptop Screen Hinge Too Loose

My dell inspiron 4000 screen won't quite stay upright. After too many openings and closings, I get the feeling it's become a bit loose. Unless it's within about 5 degrees of 90, the weight of the screen will flop it open to 180 degrees.
I deinstalled the screen and took a look at the hinge pin to see if there was a screw I could tighten but I see nothing of the sort. Perhaps there is some "anti-lubricant" I can treat the hinge pin with to hinder it's motion... add a bit of friction?
I see the end of the hinge pin is secured by a e-type washer. perhaps if I could add a thicker washer there to increase the compression fit (and thus add friction) to the joint, it would tighten up the clamshell motion.
Anybody have any ideas? experience? input?
--
To e-mail me, replace "_nospamtoday_" with the "@" symbol when replying to
my address.
"hupjack" <hupjack_nospamtoday_yahoo.com> wrote in message

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins4000/en/sm_en/remove.htm#999202
dealing