floor jack problem

Hello, I apologize in advance if this is an irrelevant subject for these groups, but it's the most relevant I can find.
I recently purchased a cornwell hydraulic floor jack. Within the first few times of using it, the jack slipped off the vehicle and the vehical slammed onto the jack. Ever since, the jack makes a loud squeaking noise when I lift/lower a load.
Any ideas what broke? Thanks.
Mike
I did not inspect the jack yet. Yes, I always use jack stands and never rely on just a jack. I was hoping it was nothing with the hydraulic system. I didn't think so since squeaks are mostly mechanical noises.
Thanks. Mike

Was it a "real" jack or one of these $30 ones that are meant for emerg use only?
The "Cornwell" brand name sounds like a typical Chinese knock-off of the name "Cromwell". Don't know if there is a jack made by Cromwell or not, but the name Cornwell sure sounds like a Chinese product.

brand is not a Chinese knock off brand.
You'll usually find Cornwell tools in the box of a Master Mechanic who works on heavy construction equipment day in and day out, or a Master Auto Tech who's a super old timer... Cornwell has been around forever, and makes an excellent quality tool.I'd put my inch drive ratchet up against a Snap On any day of the week.
Not that Snap On doesn't make a good tool, they just have their place, just like anything else.
Just my 2 cents.
See www.cornwelltools.com
-R_
_______________________________________________________________________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Accounts Starting At $6.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>