Compressor air filter water separator

I have a Craftsman air filter water separator that separated water ok in the beginning but is letting it through now. I've disassembled the unit and the 50 micron element is the only possible problem even though no problem is visible.
I can get the elements from Sears for $2.75 ea. + shipping. Question is, how many to get? I've had the compressor for a long time but the filter hasn't seen a tremendous amount of use. If this failure is common why aren't the elements sold where compressors are sold? Anyone have an opinion what the life of these elements should be?
I would get 2 of them. If the new ones go out rather quickly, then tos
the whole unit and look for a new one from a different manufacturer. Ho close is the unit to the compressor? How much air line is downstream o the filter? Could it be that the warmer weather is creating condensatio in your line downstream from the filter? Well, provided that you have lot of it anyways
-- Shamrock1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shamrock12's Profile: http://www.4x4kingdom.com/forum/member.php?userid=1 View this thread: http://www.4x4kingdom.com/forum/showthread.php?tU7