Collecting old mechanic tools?

I was wondering if anyone knows about collecting old tools. I have a large (5 or 6 hundred piece) collection of old sockets, drives, extensions, wrenches, etc from a wide variety of brands:

Craftsman Bonney Plomb Fleet Thorensen Cromwell S.K. Snap-on Cornwell Proto New Britian Indestro Super P&C Mac Bluepont Metco Herbrand Ingersoll-Rand JH Williams & Co. Some of

Of particular interest is information about sets of tools that were available (particularly Snap-On and MAC) . I have the cases and components for several extensive sets, but am having a hard time guessing what pieces belong in the sets. Does anyone know where I can find out what tools belong as a set or what value (if any besides my own sentimental) these old tools might have?

Thanks!

Reply to
eat411