tee on it's back

Hey Boys,

I've been working full-time for the past month on what will be a 24 story high-rise in Cincinnati. It's no-hub, concrete, clevis hangers all the way. I never realized how heavy a 10" cast iron ell is.

This is what amazes me. According to the Ohio and Kentucky code, it's legal, on a vent, to join to horizontal vent pipes by putting a tee on its back, and then using the branch to take the two joined pipes vertically. When did they start doing this type of stuff??

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Do you mean the "bull" of the tee? If this is no-hub, you are using a tee wye right? Up here in New Jersey we can sometimes get away with that if there is no other possible way to run the vents up.

Reply to
roree

It may be "legal" there but the right way in that situation (if I understand it) would be to use a double 1/4 bend.

Bob Wheatley

Reply to
Bob Wheatley