Replacing seats in tub/shower

I have had the gaskets and stems replaced a number of times in the last few years. The gaskets have broken apart and the end of the stems have been damaged. A friend suggested replacing the seats. Is this a homeowner project??

Depends. Really hard to tell what brand it is from here...
Got a stem wrench?
JK

Sorry, that should read "seat wrench" - like this http://doitbest.com/main.aspx?pageidd&skuC1296&memberid 29&associate=true
I have seen "allen head" type seats, but most are square inside. On cheaper faucets, seats might not be replaceable.
JK
most you insert an allen wrench into the stem and screw it cc out.screw the new one in.

"Norm Irvine" <@.net> wrote in message
news:g5Cdnel1uNAjexbanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...