Problem with old clay soil pipe

Has anyone had the problem of connecting a modern 110 mm toilet pan outlet to a clay (1960's) soil pipe which seems to be about 7 inches diameter?
Is there an adapter available ?(so far the plumbing factors I have been to dont know!)
I do not believe I can cement in the new toilet pan plastic pipe to the clay soil in the same way as it is with the old china toilet pan, and I do not want to have to replace the clay soil pipe due to the expense.
Grateful any ideas
wish I'd trained to be a plumber!
Julian Jones wrote:

And I suppose when you're sick you wish you'd trained as a doctor. And when your car needs fixing you wish you'd trained to be a mechanic. Of course if you'd trained for all and not one, you'd be good at none.
Perhaps when each specializes the results are better for all. Division of labor is a system that works for everybody but the fool who insists on incompetently doing for himself instead of trading for it with something he can do well.
MM
The only fool is the one who does it without asking any questions until after it is screwed up. I see no foolishness in trying to save a buck by doing research.
When my plumber attached the new PVC waste and drain to the city composite (cement and asbestos they said) sewer line they used a rubber fitting that went over both pipes and clamped to the outer surfaces. I forget the formal name but you will know it when you see it.

<DIV>Has anyone had the problem of connecting a modern 110 mm toilet pan outlet <BR>to a clay (1960's) soil pipe which seems to be about 7 inches diameter?<BR><BR>Is there an adapter available ?(so far the plumbing factors I have been to <BR>dont know!)<BR><BR>I do not believe I can cement in the new toilet pan plastic pipe to the clay <BR>soil in the same way as it is with the old china toilet pan, and I do not <BR>want to have to replace the clay soil pipe due to the expense.<BR><BR>Grateful any ideas<BR><BR>wish I'd trained to be a plumber! </DIV> <DIV>---------------</DIV> <DIV>Don't worry, not ALL plumbers are smart asses.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT><BR><BR>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=