Move Clothes Washer Around Corner

I want to relocate my clothes washer to the other side of an inside corner. Existing service is 2" ABS running inside a 6" wall. I can access the underside easily from the basement. Existing wall and new wall both exterior walls. The new location will be under a window so it will need to be a few inches lower than 43". I don't think I can run 2" ABS very easily in a 3.5" wall--the thickness at the new location. Existing drain is 16" from the corner. New drain will be 45" from the same corner. L

How low can the clothes washer drain box be on the wall? Can I use 1.5" pipe for the drain instead of 2"? Basement allows easy access to 3" ABS main drain. Going up through the wall might be a trick especially if I have to run 2". Should I run around the corner to pick up the existing vent pipe? Run would be about 5'-1". The window and the shower above the ceiling will make it hard to run a new vent closer to the relocated washer. Also, I have a Laundry room sink I want to locate 24" from the existing washer drain. I will probably want to close off that extsting drain inlet and tap in for a sink drain. Is that okay or is 24" too far away for the sink vent?

TIA Bernie Portland, OR

Reply to
Bernie

I am not sure of code where you live but here I can put the washer box in a

2x4 wall. I use a drum trap if I am wet venting, and a P-trap if it is vented. 1 1/2 is ok, but I like 2". yes do tie in you old vent. The box can be lower if needed. A question I have though is; Can you keep the washer box on the same wall? You don't always have to put the washer box behind the washer, it can go along the side of it; just move the washer box back into the corner.

Reply to
Ned Flanders