Gas line question

I want to add a new gas appliance to my house. I will need to have a plumber ( I assume this is who would do this ) tap into the line for a new connection. My question is simple. The area for the appliance is close to where the line enters the house but the end of the line is on the other side of the house. Will they tap into the line at a random point near the application or do they have to go to the end and run an additional pipe back. It seems to me that you can't really take out a mid section of pipe to tee because of the threads on both ends would not allow it. I worry because if they have to go to the end and work back it will likely be very expensive. Any input would be appreciated. Also if my assumption about a plumber doing this is incorrect, please let me know so I know who to contact.
Thanks Barry

Adding a tee is not that difficult. But before this can be done, a load calculation must be done for the entire house including the new appliance. The required sizes for the piping are figured along with the location of the tee. It's actually better that the new appliance is near the meter.
I worry

Yes. You need a plumber or gas fitter who will do design this job according to code and use the right materials and workmanship. Fuel gas is not something fool around with.
This site collects fuel gas disaster news:
http://www.mtiindustries.com/whats_new.asp?news_id 4&news_class=general
MM
Thanks for the info. I'll contact the plumber who did the original house work.