gas line for a pool heater

It must be 1-1/4" gas line. The entire house must be load calculated to see what size pipe is required between the Tee and the meter. Undersizing fuel gas pipe can have disastrous consequences. The International Fuel Gas Code specifies pipe sizes for good reason. If you are too cheap or stupid to comply with Code and thus safeguard your family and yourself, at least post the name of your community so we know where the explosion is likely to originate.

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

good day ....

I am installing a new 250,000 BTU Hayward gas pool heater that was given to me , I tapped into the existing gas line in my basement and ran a 1 '' gas line to the pool heater . it is approximately 70 feet from house and approximately 125 feet from the gas meter , I just received a manual from Hayward on this heater and it states it should have been inch and a quarter gas line ... there are currently two 50 gallon hot water heaters and a furnace that are also connected to this gas line in the house .....

can anyone advise as to what kind of problems I might encounter ( if any ) with the smaller pipe ?

any advise is greatly appreciated ...

Bill

Reply to
bob