Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Low water pressure
Hello to all ... I've lived in this house for about 9 years now and I have noticed over the years that when I run the sprinkler system the rest of the house suffers tremendously. I can't run the...
1
1

Sprinkler Pump Problem
My sprinkler pump was leaking so fixed the leak and now I can't get the pump to suck the water from the well again. The pump works and I can get the air tank to about 20 PSI by adding water through...
1
1

LPG cooker hose question
Hi. I have just had a commercial cooker range installed to an LPG supply. I notice that the flexible cooker hose is coloured yellow. I was under the impression that cooker hoses for an LPG cooking...
1
1

Shower mixing valve
I have a shower mixing valve with diverter A lever controls volumes and the round knob controls temp(Centigrade markings) I believe it is of European origin probably not Grohe It is mot Kohler Moen or...
3
3

Plumbing noise
Hi. I have a noise problem with my plumbing and i'm hopeing that someone out there can give me some advice. My problem is this. Every time I flush the upstairs toilet there is a loud rumbling noise...
4
4

claw foot tub drain plumbing question
Hello, just joined this excellent group. I have a small older (1926) rental house with a rough but functional basement. The basement floor is concrete. There is a circular drain in the floor in the...
9
9

Water heater exhaust fan won't shut off
My water heater has an external exhaust fan which normally turns on while the water heater is operating. Recently after I had to shut off the water heater to replace a leaky outlet hose, the exhaust...

GARBAGE DISPOSAL QUESTION
Would appreciate a plumber's answer to my question. My sink is divided in two with the "regular" sink basin on the right and a garbage disposal on the left. Although we never put anything in the...
1
1

Water Heater
No question is stupid ? I just installed my 1st double element, 240V water heater..all ok, it works but what is used for the comon or ground wire? The tank and romax cable ??? Thanks. Howie
7
7

Question about installing a Frigidaire GLCF386DS gas range...
Question about installing a Frigidaire GLCF386DS gas range... See sketch here: sketch shows the gas supply pipe coming from the wall as now is. I = don't have the new range here and can't find info at...
3
3

PVC or
I will be running a new H&C line for outside shower..and will probably use CPVC..as I have a lot of fittings and wouldlike to use them to save..but Home Dep..they have new pipe..Pex ..etc.. anyway, 1-...
1
1

Leaky sillcock
I have a sillcock that recently started leaking. It had started to leak a little during the spring last year (May 07). I took the stem out and replaced the washer on the end. No more leaking. I come...
3
3

Hydropump RH1400 Backup Sump Pump
Does anyone know where I can get this model of battery-backup sump pump for a decent price? The best I have been able to find is $400. with Shipping cost. Thanks a lot for your help !!

Problem with flapper
No matter how I adjust our flapper I cannot get it to stay up long enough for the water to drain from the tank. The only way I can get the water to drain from the tank is to hit the tank lever and...
3
3

Automatic Flush Valve Recommendations or problems
Our parks department is planning on upgrading our toilets with automatic flush valves. Can anyone give a recommendation of any brands, or advise of any problems that might be encountered with this...