Zoning vs. "Art"

Aftere four years in the Hamptons:

"In April, though, the Sag Harbor Village Zoning Board of Appeals denied Lehr and Vered the variances necessary to make their installation legal, ordering them to take the sculpture down by Sept. 15. Now, Lehr and Vered are suing to keep it up. According to them and their supporters, the fight is not just about a property dispute but the latest battle in the age-old war of art?s place in the public eye. ?Six hundred and fifty people have signed a petition to keep the sculpture up,? Vered says."

HeyBub

I found an old mannequin in a dumpster and I stuffed a mail box in the torso, then mounted it "bent over" in the legs but my wife wouldn't let me put it up.

Reply to
gfretwell

Heh! Driving down a fairly busy street on garbage pick-up day, I saw what turned out to be mannequin legs sticking out of a refuse can. Without thinking, I turned to the wife and said: "Look, somebody threw away a perfectly good woman!"

The wife hit me.

All the rest of the way home I mentally computed the diameters of both the wife and our garbage can...

Reply to
HeyBub

Now there is a classic oxymoron. :-)

Reply to
IGot2P

"HeyBub" wrote in news:J6idnX6Jyou5HrzNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

It looks a bit of a danger being held up there with black straps. Perhaps the owners could have something similar painted on the building, instead.

Reply to
RobertPatrick