Zoning vs. "Art"

Aftere four years in the Hamptons:
"In April, though, the Sag Harbor Village Zoning Board of Appeals denied Lehr and Vered the variances necessary to make their installation legal, ordering them to take the sculpture down by Sept. 15. Now, Lehr and Vered are suing to keep it up. According to them and their supporters, the fight is not just about a property dispute but the latest battle in the age-old war of art’s place in the public eye. “Six hundred and fifty people have signed a petition to keep the sculpture up,” Vered says."
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-08-03/the-legs-that-have-the-hamptons-up-in-arms
Add pictures here
βœ–

I found an old mannequin in a dumpster and I stuffed a mail box in the torso, then mounted it "bent over" in the legs but my wife wouldn't let me put it up.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Heh! Driving down a fairly busy street on garbage pick-up day, I saw what turned out to be mannequin legs sticking out of a refuse can. Without thinking, I turned to the wife and said: "Look, somebody threw away a perfectly good woman!"
The wife hit me.
All the rest of the way home I mentally computed the diameters of both the wife and our garbage can...
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 8/7/2012 5:00 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Now there is a classic oxymoron. :-)
Add pictures here
βœ–

It looks a bit of a danger being held up there with black straps. Perhaps the owners could have something similar painted on the building, instead.
Add pictures here
βœ–