You fixed what with a what?

Some of these are amusing.
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tohnews/gallery/0,25895,1220600-0,00.htm
Al Bundy wrote:

My favorite is the automotive radiator for radiant heat.
Gee, I feel a little better about my home improvement skills!
Jo Ann
Mikepier wrote:

it amazes me that more homes dont have electrical fires...........
Mikepier wrote:

And I always thought it would be fun to hook up a domestic cast iron radiator in an old car- winter beater.

That one is actually not that bad an idea. I know a guy who did this with an array of solar collectors in his garage. If you put a garden variety $20 "box" fan behind this it will pump out plenty of BTUs. It kept us warm working on cars or harleys if it was a sunny day, even in winter.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

You've seen every episode of McGuyver haven't you? :-)

By the late 70s solar collectors were showing up in the trash as people's roofs got replaced from the leaks. We thought they should be used for something. I still have 3 in my shed. This was cobbled up from junk we had in the shop.
Knew some country folks who heated the house with a woodstove in the shed. Ran a water line under the ground, and used a radiator and fan in the kitchen. I can't remember what they used for a circulator, but he said he had a loop of copper in the firebox of the woodstove. Musta worked.
I guess out in the shed he could burn crankcase oil and she didn't mind as much.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

If you mount the radiator above the heat source it will thermal siphon and you don't need a piump.

I'd laugh at them EXCEPT many years ago I put a new outlet in an old bathroom....when my wife plugged in the vaccuum, the switch on the Vaccuum turned the bathroom light on and off....I recovered and have done a lot of (good and safe) electrical work since then.
Al Bundy wrote:

Light switch in the shower, now that's scary!