YORK FAN WON'T STOP

two-part heat pump. no matter what is set on the thermostat the fan is running. I removed the thermostat off the back plane, no difference. The only thing that'll stop it is the breaker which is a two pole.

My guess is the fan relay is stuck on the heat pump maybe the contactors welded closed.

I suppose the best thing would be to go up in the 'attic' and inspect the relay, and if it's damaged, get the p/n off it and buy another one. I'm not into burnishing pitted relay contacts. I'm also assuming at this point that the fan motor is not drawing excessive current because it is indeed running, and not tripping the main breaker or any protective breaker which might be in the heat pump. I do not know yet because my son-in-law has to empty the ton of junk out of my way and eradicate the hornets or whatever they are so I can get up there and take a looksee. Comments?

Reply to
timO'

RED SOX 7 STANKEES 4

Homers by David Ortiz, Alex Cora and Manny Ramirez led the Red Sox to a

7-4 win over the last-place Yankees on Sunday that guaranteed Boston its largest division lead through April in franchise history. Jonathan Papelbon pitched the ninth inning for his eighth save.
Reply to
red sox