WWYD?

Page 3 of 3
On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 7:11:04 PM UTC-4, Don Y wrote:

Neither does being an atheist. Thanks for making my point.

Neither does being an atheist. Thank you for making my point.

Neither does being an atheist. Thank you for making my point.

Why are you yelling? You do tend to get overly excited during these discussions.

People can learn right from wrong, respect vs. disrespect, being nice vs. being an a-hole without any religious teachings. When a child is "taught" to be nice to other children, is it done only in Sunday schools/synagogues/mosques? No, it's done in living rooms, school yards and ball fields with no mention of anyone's higher power or religion.

Just because people take sides and claim to be the "authority" doesn't make either side right. If you have to "spin" things, then you are trying to convince others of things that you don't truly belief yourself.
When I hear spin, I stop listening because nothing that follows is worth the words that are spewed.

Which is what most people say when they finally realize that they completely missed the original point and started arguing about something that was never brought up.

I hear everything you are saying. I just don't necessarily feel that your original comment was needed or even makes sense. You implied that we think that atheists don't know that their (sic) is a difference between right and wrong. Take a poll. I'll bet you'll find that most people don't hold that belief.
On 10/25/2015 6:11 PM, Don Y wrote: [...]

I think religion has more to do with perspective than "everything to do with right vs. wrong".

So, are the things the secular world consider to be wrong by virtue of having to do with right vs wrong also a form of religion based on your statement that "RELIGION HAS *EVERYTHING* TO DO WITH RIGHT AND WRONG"?
--
Maggie

On 10/24/2015 11:48 PM, Don Y wrote:

Religion is the outward expression of our inner need to acknowledge something greater than ourselves.
--
Maggie

On 10/24/2015 11:24 AM, Don Y wrote:

There's always an outer cause that is responsible for the conclusions and decisions we make. Some people recognize that as being a greater being than themselves. Others may recognize the influence of something greater than themselves, but just not give it a name like God.
--
Maggie

On 10/24/2015 12:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My Chinese neighbor is a tea part supporter so he is both a Right and a Wong.
On 10/24/2015 3:05 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Did you hear what the doctor said when two Chinese adults had a caucasian baby?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/23/2015 10:21 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

I talked to a guy who said he was armored car driver. He said one time the intentionally left a bag full of empty bags on the tailgate, and drove off. Curious to see how long it would last on the ground before someone snagged it. Not very long, at all.
One time they had clear bags to carry the funds, that was a huge mistake. The canvass ones were bad enough, but clear bags with stacks of wrapped bills made people eyes pop out.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Now they use helicopters.
<http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/helicopter-drop.asp

Ah kan wrat, sen id two meee.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/23/2015 5:32 PM, Earl wrote:

Call one of the two suppliers and tell them what's happened. I suspect they will tell you to keep -- or otherwise dispose of -- the "extra" unit. The alternative is for *them* to arrange for it's transport *back*.
Then, you don't have to worry about someone discovering the mistake at a later date, etc.
On 10/23/2015 8:32 PM, Earl wrote:

Were they sent from the same company? I'd be tempted to review the one which arrived first, and notify the second company to send a return shipping label.
Jesus would probably call down legions of angels, and have them fly the second generator back to the shipper, no charge.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Legally they are "lost" items, and you know who the rightful owner is. It's the entity that shipped it to you. If you keep the item or sell it, you have stolen it.