Would you buy a Ryobi Pressure Washer from Home Depot

You're partly correct. HD owns Ryobi.

Reply to
Clark Griswold

'd bet these guys would not agree with you. Chairman and CEO

Hiroshi Urakami

President and COO

Susumu Yoshikawa

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Clark Griswold wrote: You're partly correct. HD owns Ryobi.

==================

MTD owns Ryobi, Troy Built, Yard-man, McCulloch, Cub Cadet, & Bolens. If HD also owns Ryobi, then does that mean MTD owns HD or that HD owns MTD?

Reply to
Gideon

I don't think so.

Correct

Edwin Pawlowski

Bahahah. Just because Ryobi sells at HD???

So just because Hitachi is only sold at Lowes and not HD, then Lowes owns Hitachi???

Geeeeez

Reply to
BocesLib

I think that Rigid is a Home Depot brand. Maybe the poster got confused between Ryobi and Rigid.

Reply to
Steven M. Scharf

Wrong again...the brand is Ridgid and was initially a new product line from Rigid Tool (the pipe wrench folks). After a while they sold the name off to somebody (Chiwanese, I think?)...but was never more than a HD "single-outlet" product, not HD-owned product/manufacturer.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

After doing some research it was found that Techtronic Industries owns Ryobi (sold exclusively at HD).

This is from TTI's

.

2001 March - Entered into a long-term agreement to supply Ryobi power tools to The Home Depot, the world's largest home improvement retailer.

However, I was told from an HD "insider" that HD owns Ryobi. Which, after reading the TTI web site and reading your responses, is up to speculation.

Reply to
Clark Griswold

Ryobi is not owned by Home Depot. TTI may even manufacture a special line exclusively for a big account such as Home Depot, or package it differently, but Ryobi tools are available all over the world from sources other than Home Depot.

You will find in the consumer Electronics and appliance industry, all manufacturers provide large accounts with identical units, but with a different model number for each retailer so they can all argue that their competitors do not have the same model number at a lower price. This is a universal practice.

HD & TTI are both publically traded companies, and would have to disclose ownership of each other.

There's simply nothing to speculate.

rusty redcloud

Reply to
Red Cloud©

Thank you all for this thread. I am going to buy a pressure washer from Northern Tool, a 5.5hp Honda GX OHV engine with a Comet pump with ceramic plungers. I have learned much about big item retailers from this group, thanks again.

Reply to
Michael Bushey

Without going through every post in this thread, this one may have been recommended already. I bought a Devilbiss model PWH "PowerWave" 2500 from Sam's club several weeks ago for $298.00. Honda 5.5 hp, 2500 psi and 2.5 gpm. So far it's kicked ass through 3 coats of 25-30 year old paint on a patio slab I'm cleaning up. Well worth the minimal cost and great for homeowner use.

Reply to
G Henslee

You can’t go wrong with Honda. Ryobi on the other hand, I seen a ton of the electric tools come in to a shop I worked at for almost 4yrs. Some were a week old and HD directed them to us to do the “warranty work”. Which if you bought to use in the Spring or Summer as most people do, then expect anywhere from 6, 8 or even 12 weeks before your equipment is even LOOKED at! Unless it’s a battery operated machine and in that case if it’s the battery, the charger or the machine itself, expect anywhere from 4-12weeks as all parts come over on a boat from China. (This time frame was pre Corona virus). Some HD will take them back even if your outside the dates of return if you throw a big enough fit! They ultimately want to make the customer happy. But if your talking about a push or riding mower, I wouldn’t purchase from anyone else! You can use the mower all season & take it to be returned for any given reason...(even if it doesn’t have a problem at all) & they will refund your money, call the shop I worked for to have us looked it over & do a complete tune up to be returned to the store to be sold again as a refurbished or open box item at a huge discount! I’ve even heard of the same customer repurchasing the SAME item for hundreds less! Same goes for their competitor Lowe’s. I can’t begin to tell you how many “returns” we received from HD that would state the problem but once looked over by a certified technician, there were no issues found! Maybe a dull blade from a summer of cutting multiple acres. So as for a “rental”, I’d say that’s a pretty good deal! Put $900 down at the beginning of spring & return it within the 90 days for q full return! Frequent the store offen over the next 3-4 weeks & you’ll find your same rider for $550 as a floor model and comes with the full warranty in tact! When purchasing a refurbished or open box, be sure to ask to start it & hear it run & check for smoke. There are some that will say “as is” but if you get the model number & serial number & go to the manufacturers site, most of the time you’ll find it was never registered & your able to register your new machine & enjoy the full warranty! Good luck everyone!

Reply to
Knowledgeofwarranties

I agree. Ryobi tools seem to break pretty consistently, then they want you to buy a repair kit, NOT CHEAP. Ignore Ryobi.

Reply to
wires

The Ryobi tools I bought maybe 20 years ago weren't all that high quality-- but the stuff I've bought at HD in the last few years is fine.

With all the acquisitions/consolidation in the consumer tool market over the years, it's hard to know who's who and who owns or makes what.

Some of the big names are now nothing but brands owned by investment groups who have the stuff contract-manufactured by the lowest bidder.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

I bought a Ryobi pressure washer this summer and so far it's working well. For $99 it got the job done.

Reply to
rbowman